These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict
or inconsistency with any other communications, including
advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions
are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by
participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be
bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your
Promoter: Aviko B.V., Burg. Smitstraat 2, 7221 BJ Steenderen, The Netherlands
1. Open to bona fide caterers only, resident in the UK (England,
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 and over, excluding
employees and their immediate families of Aviko (the "Promoter"),
their agents or anyone connected with the administration of this
2. Only one entry per establishment will be counted. Anyone trying to circumvent this condition by using alternative details will be disqualified. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or those automatically generated by computer will be included in the final draw.
3. Entries will be accepted for The Great British Breakfast competition from 1st September 2017 until midnight on 30th November 2017.
4. The prize is £500 in cash and one month's supply of Aviko hash Browns and Aviko Hash Brown Bites. Cash prize will be provided by cheque or BACS payment, to be arranged once winner is notified. Supply of hash browns and hash brown bites will be 20 x 2.5kg bags of Aviko Hash Browns, and 20 x 2.5kg bags of Aviko Hash Brown Bites to be delivered in one go at arranged time between Aviko and winner.
How to enter
5. Entries will only be accepted when entered via the form on
the Aviko website - www.greatbritishbreakfast.co.uk
6. All entries uploaded to the Aviko website should include the entrant's full name, business name, contact email address, what kind of operator they are, what brand of hash browns they use, Twitter handle, their route to market, as well as describing the best breakfast you serve using Hash Browns in no more than 50 words.
7. All entries have the option to include an image of their breakfast, in JPEG format, no larger than 8MB which is not compulsory. The images will not be considered during judging. Aviko remain the rights to use any images supplied via social media and on the Aviko website.
8. Entries will be judged by a panel including one independent judge on the following criteria: Most creative idea and appealing meal.
9. By submitting an entry, entrants are agreeing and confirming that:
• They shall be solely responsible for their entry (and photo if
applicable) and the consequences of entering.
• The entire copyright in the entry and all content included in it of any nature, including images, is original and belongs to the entrant.
• The entrant has permission from all people appearing in the photo (if applicable) to submit it for these purposes.
• The entry does not disclose any personal or confidential information belonging to the entrant, the establishment or anyone else.
• The entry is not false, a misrepresentation, obscene, offensive, discriminatory or libellous.
• The entrant agrees that the Promoter may use the entry and/or any part of it for any purposes of promoting its products, including posting the photo (if applicable) on its social media sites or on other media channels.
• The entrant grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licenseable, transferrable, royalty free basis licence to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, the photo entry (if applicable). For clarity, the entrant retains all ownership rights in the photo entry (if applicable).
• The entrant agrees that any credits are at the Promoter's sole discretion.
10. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
11. The winner will be notified via phone and email (if
applicable) by no later than 10th December 2017, and asked to claim
their prize. The promoter reserves the right to award the prize to
an alternative winner if the chosen winner cannot be contacted
within 28 days of notification through reasonable means. The
decision of the independent adjudicator is final.
12. The prize will be arranged by Aviko's marketing agency Jellybean Creative Solutions Ltd. Prizes will be delivered within 2 months of the winner confirming acceptance.
13. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may
interfere with the operation of the website. The Promoter does not
therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to
the website. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not
received for any technical reason.
14. Winners will be required to participate in a case study including photography for publicity arising from this competition and will appear on the Aviko website (www.aviko.co.uk) as well as in catering trade PR.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
16. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
17. Participants should seek permission from their employer before entry into this promotion. Any tax liability as a result of entry is the participants own.
18. For the winner's full name and county, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 months of the closing date.
19. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
20. Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.