- How long have you worked for Aviko?
2 ½ years
- Describe yourself in three words
Passionate, Confident, and Loud!
- What are your hobbies and interests outside of
- I am really passionate about rugby and wish I could play it as often as I used to. I am a keen musician and play the clarinet in my local band/orchestra, as well as being their reserve conductor. But my main interest outside of work is spending time with my wife and my little girl. Every moment I spend with them is precious.
- What area of the UK does your role
I cover the Midlands from Stoke-On-Trent all the way to Oxford and I also look after Scotland too.
- How many customers do you look after?
What sectors are they in? I currently look after 17 wholesalers covering traditional and fast food service; four restaurant chains, three food manufactures, and a large number of independent end users including pubs, restaurants, hotels and colleges.
- What is a typical day for you?
Usually my day will consist of working with active and prospective customers to present the product and commercial opportunities available to them as well as making contact with potential customers to introduce them to the opportunities available through partnering with Aviko.
- What is the best thing about your role?
Getting the opportunity to meet with our customers and present to them products that I am so passionate about and know will provide a huge benefit to their business.
- Tell us how you work with chefs and customers to
establish the right products for them
As an ex-chef with a love for food I really enjoy working with chefs to help find the right products for them. Chefs are always looking at the different strengths a product can offer them and if the product is good, consistent and their customers enjoy it, then the chef is happy. After all a chef is a craftsman of food and wants to produce his best work every time.
As part of my role I work closely with buyers who are tasked with saving a company money whilst providing the highest quality product possible. I start by ascertaining what factors are most important to the customer in a product and then I can recommend the right ones for them that really fit their needs and will perform well.