1. Soak the ham hocks in cold water for 2 hours. After 2
hours, then refresh the water.
2. Halve the onion and add to the pot with the carrot, garlic, bay leaves and peppercorns.
3. Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 hours until the meat falls off the bone.
4. Remove the hocks from the liquor and strain it. Reduce the liquor by three-quarters. This will form the jelly to set the terrine.
5. Remove the meat from the bones, discarding any skin.
6. Rip the meat into strands, setting aside some chunks. Add the apricots to form the terrine. Place this in a loaf tin, lined with cling film.
7. Press the meat into the tin in layers with the Aviko Mega Wedges (4-6 layers are best) and gently pour the cooking liquor over it.
8. Place the terrine in the fridge overnight and allow to set.
9. Finally, slice the terrine and serve with piccalilli and salad.
Garnish with 3 Aviko Mega Wedges for each plate.
Tip: Ensure the piccalilli is gluten-free!