1. Pre-heat the oven to 160˚C.
2. To make the marinade; place the chilli, ginger and garlic in a medium pan along with the white wine vinegar, water, tomato ketchup, mustard, tamari and brown sugar.
3. Whisk the ingredients together and place the pan over a medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves, then simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
4. Put the ribs in a large roasting pan, brush with the marinade and cover with foil.
5. Cook in the oven for 1 hour basting the ribs with the marinade 2-3 times during cooking. After 1 hour of cooking time remove the foil, baste again and cook, uncovered, for the final 30-45 minutes, continuing to baste the ribs throughout. Cook until tender and meat falls of the bone.
6. While the ribs are cooking, take a medium bowl and combine the cabbage, carrots and onion in it. Mix with the mayonnaise and lemon juice, and season to taste and chill until needed.
7. Cook the wedges as pack instructions. Serve with cooked ribs and slaw, topped with poppy seeds.