As an ode to the legend that is David Dickinson, this tongue in cheek creation is a nod to cheesy chips, but not in the traditional sense! SuperCrunch Chips part baked and then rolled in crushed Wotsits before finishing in the oven. The Wotsits provide that cheesy flavour we all know and love, paired with that famous David Dickenson 'tan'. These are a real bobby-dazzler!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C Fan or Gas Mark 6.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a deep fat fryer until the
temperature reaches 175°C.
- Submerge your SuperCrunch chips and fry for 3-3.5 minutes until
crunchy and golden. Remove and lay on a baking tray lined with
- Drizzle the chips with a little oil and sprinkle over 2/3 of
the crushed Wotsits. Toss until fully covered in cheesy goodness.
Finish by seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes until crunchy and delicious
with that famous David Dickinson tan. Sprinkle over the leftover
Wotsits and a little more seasoning.
- Tuck into these Chipsits!