1. Blanch the spinach quickly in boiling water and
2. Squeeze all the water out of the spinach and add to a blender
along with the chillis, until smooth.
3. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the bay leaves, cloves and cinnamon
till they become aromatic.
4. Add the chopped onion and fry till light brown.
5. Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry till the raw aroma goes away.
6. Add the tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes become soft and mushy.
7. Add the turmeric powder and stir for 5-10 seconds.
8. Add the spinach mixture and stir well.
9. Add the cornflour and stir well until there are no lumps.
10. Add the water and season with salt.
11. Simmer the spinach gravy till it is completely cooked and slightly thickened.
12. Add the Aviko Herb Diced Potatoes and simmer for 2-3 minutes more.
13. Sprinkle with the garam
To keep this dish gluten-free, serve with dosa, poppadom, rice or gluten-free naan bread!